Passivent Aircool® is a range of controllable insulated wall and window ventilators primarily for installation in external façade in commercial buildings. Electrically actuated dampers provide controlled air intake and extract in natural (passive) ventilation systems and may also be used for air intake or extract in mechanical ventilation systems. They are particularly suitable for night cooling strategies where daytime heat build-up is dissipated from the structure during the night. They also have excellent weatherability which allows the units to remain open even in inclement weather conditions.
The Aircool is available as a standard version, a thermal version, an acoustic version (two options – single baffle and double baffle) and a hybrid air-mixing variants known as the Hybrid Plus2 Aircool
Features and benefits
- Designed to work with all forms of wall construction, curtain walling and window profiles.
- Superior thermal performance with a U-value as low as 0.86W/m2K when closed.
- Excellent airtightness performance when closed.
- Electrically actuated modulating low voltage dampers provide optimum design flexibility with virtually silent operation.
- Thermally broken frame design minimises risk of condensation and unwanted draughts.
- Internal cover grille protects against impact damage and improves aesthetics.
- Both louvres and grilles can be colour matched to any RAL or BS colour.
- External weather louvre provides excellent weather protection.
- Can be supplied in modular form for maximum flexibility.
- Internal integral sleeve to link internal and external elements for maximum airtightness and security.
- There are separate BIM Objects for window and wall versions.
Have a question?
For any questions or queries about our product ranges and the technical support services we can offer, please contact us using the form below.