Passivent’s patented SoundScoop® is a cross-talk attenuator, or air transfer ventilation unit which combines exceptional acoustic attenuation with very low airflow resistance, enabling crossflow ventilation between internal spaces of buildings as part of a natural ventilation system.
SoundScoop provides sound reduction between noisy and quiet areas, and also provides speech privacy.
Features and Benefits
- The unit attenuates the mid frequency of between 500Hz and 2000Hz as speech and the circulation of occupants constitute the main noise source in commercial and educational buildings.
- SoundScoop is suitable for environments such as cellular offices, classrooms and hotel bedrooms which are adjacent to noisy spaces such as busy circulation routes.
There are 3 key features leading to the SoundScoop performance:
- SoundScoop position – By positioning the unit out of the plane of source and receiver, sound is forced to take an oblique path through the vent thereby removing the need for bends or splitters.
- Type of noise to attenuate is considered – The required acoustic performance is determined through an ‘engineered approach’ where the exact nature of the source noise (middle frequency range of 500Hz to 2000Hz) and receiver sensitivity is considered. As such, the unit is targeted in terms of the sound it attenuates.
- Patented internal ribs – This targeted performance is achieved through optimised cross-sectional dimensions and a patented internal lining which features ribs at regular centres – this has shown to add an additional 10dB noise reduction in a given octave band.
- Lightweight design for transportation and ease of installation with unit weights ranging from 3.0kg to 18.3kg.
- Available in a range of sizes to suit the application with all sizes being independently tested for acoustic performance.
- Can be demonstrated to comply with BB93 (Schools Acoustic Guidance), Priority Schools Output Specification, BS8233 (Sound Insulation and Noise reduction for building Code of Practice), and Approved Document F (Ventilation).
Have a question?
For any questions or queries about our product ranges and the technical support services we can offer, please contact us using the form below.