Passivent Hybrid Plus Airstract® Terminals are a unique and patented system of ventilation provision or extraction with three modes of use depending on the needs of the building and outside conditions.
It comprises two main elements: the structural sub-base unit which houses the insulated and modulating dampers, mixing chamber and low energy use fan and the terminal above which fully utilises Airstract® technology.
Used for a range of ventilation applications, particularly on upper floors of buildings where direct perimeter ventilation is limited or undesirable. Also suitable for large open buildings such as sports halls and auditoriums and can also be used for secure and weatherproof night cooling.
Features and benefits:
- Different operating modes can be programmed to allow the most energy efficient ventilation strategy to be used as and when required.
- During low external temperature events recirculation mode mixes incoming fresh air with interior warm air to provide tempered fresh air to the space.
- In peak summer conditions, to avoid overheating, enhanced mode allows for high levels of air movement.
- In natural mode the terminal acts as a conventional passive stack to maintain indoor air quality and temperatures.
- High-level inlets in summer allow the system to operate a night-cooling strategy, using cooler night time air to reduce the temperature of the building’s thermal mass.
- Unique design does not require a vertical internal divider and therefore performance is independent of wind direction.
- Patented double bank louvres provide Class A 100% certified rain rejection (BS EN 13030:2001) so that your building can be fully ventilated regardless of weather conditions.
- Resistant to continuous wind loads at 51 m/s (BRE tested).
- 4mm insect screen to prevent ingress of insects and other debris.
- Controlled through an intelligent Passivent iC8000 Control System. See ‘Controls’ section for more information.
Have a question?
For any questions or queries about our product ranges and the technical support services we can offer, please contact us using the form below.