Passivent’s aluminium Airstract® is part of the Airstract range of roof mounted natural ventilation terminals and is available in a range of larger sizes than the standard Airstract, providing greater airflow performance. They can be used as part of a sustainable, low energy natural ventilation strategy to provide an exhaust outlet for used air. Used for passive stack ventilation applications in conjunction with Passivent Aircool façade ventilators, they can ventilate deep plan spaces and provide night cooling. They can also be used for multiple extract applications and mechanical extract outlets.
Features and benefits
- Harnesses the natural forces of wind, convection and buoyancy for energy saving ventilation.
- Suitable for flat and pitched roofs of all material types.
- Louvres made from extruded aluminium with mitred corners, powder coated to a standard RAL colour to match the roof covering.
- Has a welded aluminium lid, which is removable, to allow access to lifting points (corner braces) for craning terminals onto the building.
- Mounted on a structural builders kerb (by others).
- Robust two-part construction including structural sub-base unit to guarantee wind load resistant design.
- Motorised base dampers control airflow with excellent thermal and airtightness performance when closed.
- Square and rectangular terminals available in a range of larger sizes.
- Patented double bank louvres provide Class A 100% certified rain rejection (BS EN 13030:2001) so that your building can be fully ventilated regardless of weather conditions.
- Resistant to continuous wind loads at 51 m/s (BRE tested).
- 4mm insect screen to prevent ingress of insects and other debris.
- EXT SAAX classification, independently tested to BS476: Part 3.
Have a question?
For any questions or queries about our product ranges and the technical support services we can offer, please contact us using the form below.